Thank you for visiting the Rackspace Community
The The Community is live! Post new content or topics so our teams can assist.

Please contact your support team if you have a question or need assistance for any Rackspace products, services, or articles.

IP address keeps getting listed on Spamcop, reseller not helping...

I use Rackspace email for my personal email. I've been hosting here for more than 5 years happily. I get my email hosting through a 3rd party reseller, not directly through Rackspace. The past few months, my IP address continues to be added to the Spamcop blacklist over and over again. I've never had this problem before. My email content consists mostly of emailing friends, family and fellow boy scout leaders. I am NOT using it for business, and certainly not emailing people I do not know.

I have continually tried to get support from my reseller, but they have pretty much ignored me. I cannot continue with all my emails bouncing from the people I'm trying to contact. Can I get support directly from Rackspace? Is there any way they can actually fix this? I'm on the precipice of finding a new host.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Parents
No Data
  • I am a rackspace reseller since 2009.

I have been complaining about this spamcop issue for the last 18 month to rackspace and its gotten so bad that even my own emails to my customers were getting blocked, so I had to resort to using an external smtp server to send my transactional mails to my customers. This costs me $59 per month. Rackspace have never offered to cover this additional cost.

As of today, I have 970 mail accounts with rackspace mail spread over 250 clients so am in a sticky situation as I cannot suddenly uproot everyone.

Today, 19th of January 2019 the issue still persist and I still keep getting a variation of their predefined responses/excuses and in fact I wrote about it on my client support site trying to explain to client that the issue is not my fault directly and rackspace threatened me, quoting legalese and demanded that I take down any mention of their name or they will start proceedings to close my account.

So I hope they get this sorted soon otherwise I will have to start moving clients away from them.

Children
No Data