Thank you for visiting the Rackspace Community
The The Community is live! Post new content or topics so our teams can assist.

Please contact your support team if you have a question or need assistance for any Rackspace products, services, or articles.

How to add NAPTR records to rackspace hosted domain

Hi, 

This is my first question here. I recently set up a cloud server on rackspace for handling SIP (freeswitch) that for the negotation of calls requires me to have SCTP enabled and appropriate records added to my domain. I'm needing to set up NAPTR records for sending the information through the server, however cloud DNS does not have NAPTR records to add. This is my first time dealing with domain name records like this before. I'm not even sure what software to use to start with

Nathan

Parents
  • Hey Nathan,

The various GUIs available for interacting with Rackspace DNS currently do not support NAPTR records. I can log a feature request internally, but in any case you're still looking at a fair bit of waiting time for development/testing/etc.

In order to get a NAPTR record into your zone in a timely manner, you'll have to move DNS hosting of the zone off of Rackspace nameservers. To do so, start by picking a new DNS host and creating all the same records in the zone at the new host as already exist at Rackspace. Once that's done, you'll need to change the authoritative nameservers for the domain, at the registrar where you purchased that domain.

If you have any questions about this, please reach out to your Rackspace support team.

Reply Children
No Data