Thank you for visiting the Rackspace Community
The The Community is live! Post new content or topics so our teams can assist.

Please contact your support team if you have a question or need assistance for any Rackspace products, services, or articles.

RackConnect v3 Retained Public IP Addresses

I'm seeking some clarification regarding the RackConnect 3 API retained public IP addresses: https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/rackconnect-v30-retained-public-ip-addresses/

If I'm understanding this correctly, this would allow me to take the public IP address assigned to an existing cloud server, and mark it as retained. So that, if that cloud server were to go away, the public IP address it used would be able to be assigned to a new server.

Is this correct? And are there any caveats or exceptions where this wouldn't be the case?

Parents
No Data
  • When you move a retained public IP address from one cloud server to another, the destination server must not have an existing public IP address at the time of assignment. If the destination server has a public IP address assigned, the API returns a message indicating that it could not assign the new public IP address. The API call fails until the destination server’s existing public IP address assignment is removed.

Children
No Data