Thank you for visiting the Rackspace Community
The The Community is live! Post new content or topics so our teams can assist.

Please contact your support team if you have a question or need assistance for any Rackspace products, services, or articles.

Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed...

HI,

Well, my iPhone updated when I connected it this evening. I just got to work, tapped the web browser and got this message:Could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular data service.I looked online and some people reported ways to fix this in the past, usually by clearing the network settings. I gave that a try. No luck.So, I called AT&T (Apple is closed). Turns out, the new firmware checks with AT&T's servers to verify that you're on the iPhone data plan. If you're on any other data plan, you just lost access to data services.I am on the smartphone unlimited plan, since my old phone was a windows mobile phone and my account is controlled by a former employer 9they still provide me a phone because they are exceedingly nice). When my Tilt broke, I had to pay the cash price for a replacement, since I am not authorized to make changes to the account. The iPhone was cheaper than the Tilt, and I wanted to give it a try, so I purchsed the iPhone at full price and the AT&T store dropped my old SIM into the new phone.This is the second major update where the update significantly changed how the phone works on the network. The first was changing the baseband to defeat unlocking (which angers me, since I am not tied to a contract and AT&T wouldn't offer prepaid service while I was out of the country recently - I could not use the phone I paid for without their service, which they were unwilling to sell me), and now they're using the update to check that you've got the proper AT&T data plan.Beware to those not on the normal AT&T iPhone plan - updating will kill your data service, even if it's been working fine up to now.And why?

Please help.

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
arstechnica.com/.../viewtopic.php
Cryptocurrency Video

Thank