Thank you for visiting the Rackspace Community
The The Community is live! Post new content or topics so our teams can assist.

Please contact your support team if you have a question or need assistance for any Rackspace products, services, or articles.

Error while executing " # openstack-ansible setup-hosts.yml"

This question is not answered.

I am getting below error , anybody has a clue ?

# openstack-ansible setup-hosts.yml

Variable files: "-e @/etc/openstack_deploy/user_secrets.yml -e @/etc/openstack_deploy/user_variables.yml "
ERROR: Inventory script (inventory/dynamic_inventory.py) had an execution error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/openstack-ansible/playbooks/inventory/dynamic_inventory.py", line 1044, in <module>
main()
File "/opt/openstack-ansible/playbooks/inventory/dynamic_inventory.py", line 988, in main
skel_setup(environment, dynamic_inventory)
File "/opt/openstack-ansible/playbooks/inventory/dynamic_inventory.py", line 408, in skel_setup
for _key, _value in value.iteritems():
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'iteritems'

Thanks 

Kalpesh

All Replies
  • Which tag are you deploying from? Is this the first time you ran this playbook? Did you modify anything in /etc/openstack_deploy/env.d? Have you tried writing a little debug statement in dynamic_inventory.py to see what the value of "value" is before that for loop is invoked?

• I have edited swift.yaml from  /etc/openstack_deploy/env.d & appended below contents

drives:
    - name: sdc
    - name: sdd
    - name: sde
    mount_point: /srv/node

i will add debug statement in script & let u know.

• Those changes should be made to conf.d/swift.yml, not env.d/swift.yml. 

env.d describes the layout of containers in the environment. You probably won't need to adjust these files, unless you are an advanced user with very special requirements for your environment.

conf.d describes how to configure those containers. These files are meant to be edited by most deployers, just like openstack_user_config.yml is.