Please contact your support team if you have a question or need assistance for any Rackspace products, services, or articles.
This question is answered.
1. Let's go ahead and open up Outlook, select Tools, Account Settings on the Email tab, and then click the New button.
2. If prompted, be sure that the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP box is checked, and click the Next button. Select the Manually configure server settings or additional server types check box and click the Next button.
3. Be sure that the Internet E-mail radio button is selected, and click the Next button and enter in the following information in the fields provided:
Your Name - This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
E-mail Address - Enter in your entire email address (e.g. email@example.com).
Account Type - Select IMAP from the drop-down menu.
Incoming mail server - Enter the following: secure.emailsrvr.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) - Enter in the following: secure.emailsrvr.com
User Name - Enter in your entire email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Password - Enter in the password for the account you're setting up.
4. Click the More Settings button, then click the Outgoing Server tab and select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication check box. Leave the default setting "Use same settings as my incoming mail."
5. Click the Advanced tab, In both of the Use the following type of encrypted connection drop-down menus, select SSL. For the Incoming Server port enter in (993) and in the Outgoing Server port enter in (465).
6. Click the OK button, click the Next button, click the Finish button and then click the Close button. That's it. you're all done!
Folders should sync automatically with an IMAP account; however, if for any reason they aren't, perform the following steps:
1. Select your Inbox or top level folder of your Rackspace email account and select IMAP Folders and then Query.
2. Select any folder you would like to be subscribed to by right-clicking and selecting Subcribe. Repeat these steps for all folders you would like to be subscribed to.
3. To Unsubscribe to any folders, repeat the following steps and select Unsubscibe instead.
The following is an article on how to step by step set this up!
The Rackspace Community (“Community”) is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind. The information on the Community sites is created by members of the Community and is intended for reference and general discussions only. Although some of the content may contain information provided by Rackspace employees, it does not represent an assessment of a particular customer environment or an assessment of any specific compliance with laws or regulations or constitute advice. We recommend that you engage additional expertise in order to further evaluate applicable requirements for your specific environment. For customer specific support issues please contact your Rackspace Support Team.READ MORE
RACKSPACE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENTS OF THE RACKSPACE OPEN CLOUD COMMUNITY SITE. RACKSPACE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE OR MAKE CHANGES TO ITS SERVICES OFFERINGS AND SPECIFICATIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. USERS MUST TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR APPLICATION OF ANY SERVICES AND/OR PROCESSES MENTIONED IN ANY COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN RACKSPACE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, CLOUD TERMS OF SERVICE AND/OR OTHER AGREEMENT YOU SIGN WITH RACKSPACE, RACKSPACE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, RELATING TO ITS SERVICES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
ALTHOUGH PART OF THE COMMUNITY GENERATED CONTENT MAY EXPLAIN HOW RACKSPACE SERVICES MAY WORK WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS IS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK WITH ALL SCENARIOS. ANY USE OR CHANGES TO THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND/OR CONFIGURATIONS SHOULD BE MADE AT THE DISCRETION OF YOUR ADMINISTRATORS AND SUBJECT TO THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUCH THIRD PARTY. EVEN THOUGH RACKSPACE EMPLOYEES MAY PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS, RACKSPACE DOES NOT PROVIDE TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS, OTHER THAN SPECIFIED IN YOUR HOSTING SERVICES AGREEMENT YOU HAVE SIGNED WITH RACKSPACE AND RACKSPACE ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS.READ LESS