Thank you for visiting the Rackspace Community
The Community is live! Post new content or topics so our teams can assist.

Please contact your support team if you have a question or need assistance for any Rackspace products, services, or articles.

[Cloude Files] Getting error when trying to write object

This question is answered.

Hi,

I have been trying to integrate Cloud Files API for an application, on which we have followed Cake PHP Framework.

I have written a component (a class) which communicates with the "Cloud files API". The problem which I am getting in here is, Sometime, I am not able to get the Object of the container. Some times, the class fails to write the object on the Container (On Cloud Files). Please help me out with the problem.  Below is the URL to the class I have written for the Cloud files integration.

https://github.com/nishant-shrivastava/CakePHP-Cloud-Files/blob/master/Plugin/CloudFiles/Controller/Component/CloudFilesComponent.php

Thanks in advance

Nishant Shrivastava

Verified Answer
  • Hi Nishant!

I suspect the problems you're having are coming from the code being called your Vendor import. Are you seeing any exceptions or is it failing silently?

To simplify your efforts, I suggest using the Rackspace PHP SDK which you can download at  php-opencloud.com. The PHP SDK has support for Rackspace Cloud products and is also compatible with other OpenStack cloud providers.

From one CakePHP dev to another, thanks for posting your question on the Rackspace Open Cloud Community!

All Replies
  • Nishant, do you get any kind of error message in the logs when the object doesn't get written?

• Hi Nishant!

I suspect the problems you're having are coming from the code being called your Vendor import. Are you seeing any exceptions or is it failing silently?

To simplify your efforts, I suggest using the Rackspace PHP SDK which you can download at  php-opencloud.com. The PHP SDK has support for Rackspace Cloud products and is also compatible with other OpenStack cloud providers.

From one CakePHP dev to another, thanks for posting your question on the Rackspace Open Cloud Community!