Thank you for visiting the Rackspace Community
The Community is live! Post new content or topics so our teams can assist.

Please contact your support team if you have a question or need assistance for any Rackspace products, services, or articles.

/v2/​{tenant_id}​/os-security-group-rules not working

This question is answered.

I tried GET request on the above REST resource and got back the following response.

{
itemNotFound: 
{
code: 404
}
-
}
I can confirm that I used proper tenant id. Any ideas why I am getting this response?
Verified Answer
  • Hmmm

Devstack should contain your standard openstack endpoints, have you checked that all your endpoints are properly installed and communicating? You should be able to get that back from keystone I believe.

All Replies
  • Hey there!

Are you trying to do this in the Rackspace Public Cloud API, or a Private Cloud Deployment?

OS-Security-Groups, while in OpenStack, is not currently featured in our public cloud portfolio. Instead, we recommend users use things like iptables, and server sided security measures to control remote access.

• I am trying to do this in devstack. The webservice API is not working for some reason.

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 8:00 PM, JoeE <bounce-JoeE@community.rackspace.com> wrote:

Hey there!

Are you trying to do this in the Rackspace Public Cloud API, or a Private Cloud Deployment?

OS-Security-Groups, while in OpenStack, is not currently featured in our public cloud portfolio. Instead, we recommend users use things like iptables, and server sided security measures to control remote access.

• Hmmm

Devstack should contain your standard openstack endpoints, have you checked that all your endpoints are properly installed and communicating? You should be able to get that back from keystone I believe.

• haribalaji79,

Did the advice that Joe provided resolve your issue?  If not, please advise if we can help further or I will assume that I can close out the thread.

Best Regards,

Wil